Friday, July 30, 2010

Skin Resurfacing.. Pixel Laser or Glycolic Peel? day 3


Do you have freckles? I do, and i dont like them! I was never a fan of sunblock or any makeup that has SPF until recently. I noticed that my freckles has occupied a large area on my face and that was when I became bothered. I'm a fan of summer and I'm just forced to put some sunblock when I'm in the beach.

So, a few months ago, I went to a dermatologist and she suggested that i undergo Glycolic (chemical) peel. It costs Php3,000/session and you have to undergo at least 6 sessions (once a month) for the freckles/spots to minimize. Aside from Php3,000 a month you also have to buy creams, sunblock, etc which you will apply twice a day. It was very taxing (i use 6 creams in the am/pm) especially in the mornings when you are really in a hurry. And the most annoying part is my face never stopped peeling!

And that was when I decided to consult another dermatologist for a much quicker and less taxing procedure that will minimize (if not eliminate) my freckles. She introduced me to Pixel Laser Resurfacing for the same price of glycolic peel from my former dermatologist.

Comparison between:

Glycolic Peel- A glycolic acid peel is a quick and easy way to improve skin texture, banish scars, marks and other skin imperfections, and fight the signs of aging. Chemical peels remove a micro-thin top layer of skin, ridding skin of damaged cells and treating wrinkles and fine lines, age spots and skin discoloration, and surface sun damage.
                     - Its just a mixture of chemicals/solution which is applied your face and then rinsed off after a few minutes.

Pixel laser- The Pixel Fractional Resurfacing Laser is one of the newest and most effective rejuvenating lasers. Pixel Fractional Resurfacing Laser works by creating thousands of equidistant, closely grouped, tiny areas of skin damage of equal depth, separated by larger areas of normal skin; healing can begin immediately from the intervening intact skin areas. It is an FDA-approved fractional ablative skin resurfacing laser that addresses acne scars, aging skin, wrinkles, folds, loose and redundant skin, M\melasma and stretch marks. One to several treatments may be necessary depending on the condition to be treated and the patient's response to treatment. 
               - The machine looks like this









                

So here is what my skin looks like before..



After my Pixel Laser Session..(Last wednesday). my whole face turned red

a big pimple below my lip, my derma injected sumthing on it

2nd Day..white spots from pixel turned brownish in color
and after the pimple injection, it became smaller
Day 3:


The good thing about Pixel is you can apply makeup the next day, but I decided not to. And peeling usually happens on the third day.

To sum this up, I prefer Pixel over Glycolic Peel. The results are the same but it eliminates the application of too many creams, and no more continuous peeling. Although the laser procedure hurts more and you will feel a burning sensation (which usually lasts 30minutes) after the session. And that's where the saying " No pain, No Gain" comes in! ☺

Do you think freckles are pretty? Have you tried any skin resurfacing procedure? Was it effective?


♥♥♥
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Hi! Since it has now been a long time since you had this procedure, can you tell me if you think it was worth it? Did you have any side effects or changes to the texture of your skin etc? I am considering it but am scared due to stories I read online. We seem to have similar skin type and color so I would really appreciate your response :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would really appreciate your response...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I apologize for the very late reply, i rarely check my blog anymore.

    About the procedure, I noticed a dramatic improvement on my skin. It helped lighten my pimple marks and freckles. But like other procedures, you may have to do it every other month or so if there aren't many skin concerns you want to be addressed.

    It also has no down time which is good coz you can still put makeup on (if you do) or go malling! :)

    Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete

i LVoe reading your comments! :)