Friday, November 19, 2010

My Tartan Tale & some NYX


Last Saturday, the Tartan Tale Collection was released. I immediately phoned my new found friend (MUA Jarwin) and asked him if he could reserve some kits for me, and he said yes! Sunday came and after watching Manny Pacquiao's fight, I went straight to MAC and checked out the whole collection. I originally reserved the pink and neutral sassy lipgloss sets and the smokey pigment set. But after swatching the lipglosses, I did not find anything special with the colors, I ended up getting the Smokey Pigment set and another set as a xmas gift to my sister. :)



I've also been wanting a dark lipstick (more of a plum, purplish red or deep dark red) for some time now so I also checked out the shop that sells goodies from the US and picked up 3 lipsticks from NYX. I thought its better to spend on NYX rather than getting a MAC for a shade that I wont be using much. 


Got the lipstick for P200 each, so P600 for the 3. A MAC lipstick costs P950. 

The lighting at the shop was very poor, so i thought the colors are perfect. But when I tried it on at home, those were not the shades that I was looking for :( Maybe I should've just bought a MAC one. Well, its not NYX's fault, the lighting as I said was just terrible.

I am still in search of the perfect plum or purplish red lipstick. If you have suggestions, please share! :)


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

i LVoe reading your comments! :)

And we're haulin.

Free time means more time browsing the web for information such as ideas ,deals, new products and trends which is a positive. However, its t...